Wednesday, June 29, 2011

i like airports?

This morning has been interesting...I kept pressing snooze this morning because I did not want to get up! I got ready pretty quick, and then grandma and I took off for the airport. Grandma wanted to grab breakfast on the way, so we went to Denny's lol. it was good though. We tried to speak as much German as possible during breakfast. I was trying to talk about raisins for some reason, but I couldn't think of the word in German, so I said "dried grapes" in German and we both laughed. it works!? Right now I'm sitting at my gate and it's so quiet here...there is a family sitting near me who speak Dutch, and then a couple other people. I hope I get to sit next to someone cool. "seatmate"

A lot of my friends/family have given me some useful yet interesting advice. I wanted to share:

"Have fun"
"Be safe"
"Take vitamins and fluids, make SURE you stay hydrated while you travel"
 "I wish you all the luck in the world and have fun. Try new things and don't be afraid to take chances and do things you wouldn't normally do."
"Getting a bit buzzed was always the best way to get past fears of speaking. Language and conversation just flows."
"A little partying is good for you...maybe not shopping though."
"So have fun on your vacation...get some absinth...see the fairies"
"If you get hit in a crosswalk and break your leg, there will always be someone to help you. Don't worry."

thanks for all the advice guys!! I'll follow...some of it.

Well...I guess this will be my last entry from the states. It's weird to think that I won't be here for two months. It seems like a long time, but it will go by fast too. I'm going to miss my bed. And my car... and my friends/family. I'm so antsy to get on that plane!! ahhh. I feel like a nerd, but I got National Geographic and Time magazine for my flight. :) I don't know why, but it's tradition for me to get Time for my flights. This way I'll be kept occupied for a decent amount of time, hopefully.

So my plan is to arrive in Amsterdam, get through customs, catch my flight to Stuttgart, make it to the Hauptbahnhof (central train station), and take a train to Moeckmuehl to meet Marianne. I realized today that I haven't seen her since 2006, so I'm not exactly sure what she looks like. Oh well, it should work out. Well I better get some snacks. :)
Take care, bye bye now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Hope that you're having a safe tripe. Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making your blog easier to read for us old people! Purple on purple is pretty but it does nothing for the aged eyes. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete