Tuesday, July 12, 2011

2 Weeks Down

Right now I'm taking some down time in my room. Every day is filled with people, events, class, running around. Tonight I'm feeling kinda worn out.

I have had a blast here so far though. I have met some really great people, and it's been really fun getting to know other students. Maria and I hang out every day, and she has become one of my really good friends. We have a lot in common and it's fun going with her to the discothek. We hang out with Kim, Miguel, and Juan a lot. They are all really cool. we went as a group of about 8 people to the Biergarten last night. I didn't drink, but it was still super fun. Since all of us are learning German, we try our best to communicate in only German. We actually do pretty well :) Some hilarious conversations have taken place. After the biergarten we walked around the city taking stupid pictures. I'm sure those will show up on facebook at some point... The kind where someone sets a timer on their camera, and then we all try to cram into a little group before the flash goes off hahaha. Funny times.

Today I bought the German course book for the next level up. This way I will be able to continue my German after this program is over, and during the term that I won't be taking German at WOU. I'm so determined to learn and to do my very best at learning German. I'm excited for when my grandmother gets to Germany, because then we can talk a lot :) I have realized this week that I am actually learning things in my class. I had briefly learned the grammar we covered this week before, but now I understand it so much better. This course is going to make a lot of grammar really concrete for me so that I will be able to use it properly. Sometimes one has to review different concepts/grammar many times before it sticks/makes sense.. I will be taking my Zertifikat Deutsch (B1) test later this month. If I pass, that will be awesome. :)

I miss my friends at home. I also miss my family. And my dog. + Burgerville.

Tomorrow we are going on a bus tour through the countryside. It only costs five Euros, so why not. It sounds like we are a group of old people though lol idk... nevermind.

Well I think that's all for today. The disco is open again tomorrow night so that's where I'll be. I just love to dance! It's so much fun. :)

Oh and i'm getting such a workout every day.. the walk to and from school is filled with hills... these hills are really steep and made of cobblestone. My first few days here were brutal. haha. Today it was SO hot out. Then within 30 minutes the weather changed, and a huge thunder/lightning storm rolled in. Huge rain drops! and it was still hot out... weird. Lightning freaks me out a little though. Anyways. bye now :)

Emily

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time Emily! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures! Have fun!

    Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet sounding!!! Jealous, and you are an old bus tour lady now. You went from 21 to 71, mad respect! (jk that would be fun) It's Jerry again fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog. Maybe you should write a book.

    ReplyDelete